[pygame] introduction and isometric library

Hi,

I've just joined the list so thought I'd introduce myself and say what
I'm doing with pygame.

I'm a long time Python developer (7 years now) and my open source Python
projects in the past include redfoot, pytrex, pygo and cleese (all at
sourceforge under those project names). My current main project is
Leonardo, a personal website system with wiki and blog (which my own
site runs on)

Although I've been aware of pygame for years, I recently started working
on a library for isometric games and naturally wanted to use pygame. I
looked into pyplace but found it had stopped in a somewhat incomplete
state.

As a learning exercise, I'm starting off rewriting pyplace 01m. My plan
after that is to put together a more general library for isometric
games. The long-term goal is a platform for a wide range of sprite-based
isometric games from Civ II-style turn-based strategy to city-management
games like Caesar II.

I look forward to participating in this community.

James
--
  James Tauber               http://jtauber.com/
  journeyman of some    http://jtauber.com/blog/