Re: [pygame] Transparent PNGs / Flipped Images

Marcus von Appen wrote:
On, Thu Jun 01, 2006, Kris Schnee wrote:

I noticed that my PNG image files aren't displaying with transparency. Is there a way to fix that?

Did you try pygame.Surface.convert_alpha() after loading the image?

I did:

foo = pygame.image.load( filename ).convert()

Using a GIF, it works fine, but I'd rather use PNG. With those, I still get an opaque background even though I did the same Photoshop trick of selecting and "deleting" the background.

Oh -- check out kschnee.xepher.net/pics/iso060601.png to see what I'm doing with this.

Kris