Re: [pygame] BUG? rect __eq__

On 6/6/06, Rene Dudfield <renesd@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Could this behaviour be improved at all?

I think the current behaviour is desireable in almost all real use cases. IMHO, Rect should be just a collection of values, so it's logical that rect(0,0,10,10) == rect(0,0,10,10) even if the object instances are different. I think it is enough to document this behaviour, so that those who inherit from Rect don't get any surprises.

Another option is to provide another Rect class solely meant for
inheritance where you add logic to the object (in which case the
object identity usually becomes important). Then it's just a matter of
picking a good name for it. RectObject? RectBase? UserRect? I dunno.

--
Sami Hangaslammi