Re: [pygame] How to make a (fast) smooth movement on 30 frames

Hi Kris,

On 6/21/06, Kris Schnee <kschnee@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Ok, no problem.. just set the speed to, say, 5 pixels per frame.
> Now there as fast as with 60 frames, but there lacking.
>
> How can I use (say) 30 frames and make a smooth movement for
> the objects that are on the screen?

What do you mean by "lacking?" Lagging?

It's simply not a smooth motion when i move them 5 pixels each frame. Maybe I should use time-based moving...

It would be no problem when the cpu-time would not be >90% by using 60 frames.
I think it's too much for such a simple game like mine.

Are the ships moving to a
location on-screen after they're there for purposes of hitting them? Or
not responding quickly to the controls?

Kris

If you want I can upload the sourcecode later on. Then you can see what I mean. Sorry, I can't really explain it. My abilities in english are very limited. =)

Kai