Re: [pygame] SDL-ctypes 0.04

Interesting question.

I just ported moveit.py from the pygame examples directory, which is basically a blit speed test. On my machine I get 2.93 ms / frame for SDL-ctypes (341 FPS), and 2.52 ms / frame for pygame (396 FPS).

Alex.

Mark Heslep wrote:

Alex -

Great work. Have you gotten any timing data/benchmarks for comparison between the ctypes wrapper and the original pygame?

Mark

Alex Holkner wrote:

Hi all

This release of SDL-ctypes is feature complete for SDL versions 1.2.1 through 1.2.11, and includes SDL_image, SDL_mixer and SDL_ttf, as well as ports of all the test programs. You can download it and the documentation from:

http://www.pygame.org/ctypes

The joystick functions are completely untested, since I don't have a joystick. If anyone has a spare minute (and a joystick), I'd appreciate someone running the "testjoystick.py" test and comparing the results with "testjoystick" in the SDL distribution.

So far I expect this to work only on Linux little-endian (Intel or AMD) systems. Mac, Windows and big-endian support will be the next focus.

Cheers,
Alex.