Re: [pygame] "Shining Sea" source code

My entry for pyweek was similar in idea to your missions game, but everyone hated the grating marching sound effect...  I suppose the base stuff is also more sim* than civilization as well though.  We also failed in that you never got a report of what happened on the mission, you just see how many of the team members come back (if at all!).  But I've wanted games around this mechanic for a while.

You can check it out here: http://media.pyweek.org/dl/4/cent_of_fb/cent_of_fb_0.99.zip
It's very alpha and needs some work to be a real game :(  A week limit and all...

As for shining sea, it's a nice little demo!  The music is fun, but looks like it's been stolen :)  The island is a bit big and empty,  and the objects are not sorted correctly.  You need to sort the onscreen objects based on y-value so that when the character is in front or behind something it displays right.  I like where your going with this though, I like any game that requires eating, ha ha.  Also, as far as I can tell without looking at code, you are generating the tilemap from the minimap, which is very cool.