Re: [pygame] Not Quiting

Ian Mallett wrote:
If I run a program with F5, it works fine, until I try to quit, at which point the program crashes.
You mean if you run it in IDLE using F5?
Oddly enough, running the same program by clicking on its file (i.e. double click "program.py") the quiting function works! I'd like to use F5, but I obviously can't. Help, anyone?
This is a specific problem that happens on Windows systems when you right-click a file and select 'edit with IDLE.' Basically, if you want IDLE to open its subprocess connection successfully (so that IDLE is not running in the same Python thread as your program and thus hanging when your program does the same) open IDLE from the Start menu, or from a Desktop shortcut.
Then open the particular code you're trying to edit and away-you-go.
A good indication that the subprocess is working correctly is that you'll see
every time you F5 to run a program.
HTH,
-Luke

P.S. In the future, if you have a question like this, try to give us more info, such as the platform you're running, and the editor you're using.