Re: [pygame] Re: Problem with display.update(rectangle_list)

Weird...I've never seen this before.  I can replicate the problem (had to add "import pygame" and remove "self."s?).

Here's my interpretation of the problem.  The screen is filled with black.  The loop draws the text.  But, you didn't fix the rect issue, so "rects" doesn't update the right place--the screen stays black.  Now, when you move the screen off and then back on the screen, they areas that were previously not being drawn must now be drawn (so there's not a missing area in the screen.  I bet this updates the buffer at that point, effectively drawing the white text in the areas that left the screen.

Ian