[pygame] First person shooter help

Hi,
I am trying to understand and make a simple first person shooter game. I have got the map down and some objects in it using openGL. I am having problems now with the controls as well as the mathematics (or logic) behind it. Can anyone suggest a simple fps in pygame openGL that demonstrates this? I have looked around and most examples are full blown games (that are hard to read) and the simplest examples don't show proper control for movement. By proper control I mean those that are common in fps games (e.g: HL,quake).
Thanks for any help or suggestions.
Cheers
Astan