Re: [pygame] Questions about IDE and inflate()

Gumm and Lorenz, thank you very much! I will try/test both Eric-Ide and Dr Python.

Gumm:
> Why do you want the rect to be smaller than the cloud image; what are you trying to accomplish?

I want to avoid that the plane is hit by a cloud just by being close to it. The rect of the cloud-sprite is bigger than the cloud image (since it is not rectangular), so when one play the plane game (http://www.cs.iupui.edu/~aharris/pygame/ch07/) one sometimes gets the feeling "no, the plane did not touch the cloud!" and still looses a plane. The author of the book recommends to use the inflate-method, and has it in one version of the game (http://www.cs.iupui.edu/~aharris/pygame/ch07/mpScore.py), that helps for the right side of the clouds but not for the left side.. How to fix that?

An other question: Is there something like JOptionPane.showInputDialog() in some GUI library for Python? I.e. being able to show a dialox box for input by just one line of code. (My students like the dialog boxes of JOptionPane in Java very much and have asked me how to do the same thing in Python.)

Thanks,
Hokan