From: Abhas Bhattacharya <abhasbhattacharya2@xxxxxxxxx>
To: pygame-mirror-on-google-groups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Saturday, June 14, 2014 8:13 PM
Subject: [pygame] Perf - No. of rects vs area of rects

Does the performance of pygame.update depend solely on no. of rects or total area of all rects passed to it?
I was thinking of a small speedup by splitting two intersecting rects into three non-intersecting rects, which will reduce the toal area, but increase the no. of rects.
Its probably a very small gain, and might result in a actual loss if the no. of rects explode. But if I know for sure that performance depende solely on one factor or the other, small gains like h=this might be possible.