Re: [pygame] Noob question: playing sounds

This has happened to me too on several occasions. I have resolved this by

1.pygame.mixer.pre_init(44100, 16, 2, 4096) # setup mixer to avoid sound lag

2.pygame.init()

3.pygame.mixer.set_num_channels(64)

Try deleting the name of the file completley and renaming it. Sometimes there are hidden characters and this too causes problems.

Hope this helps.