[pygame] Collision detection revisited [python help wanted]

Hi all.

A few weeks (months?) ago there was a short discussion on this
list about the merits and problems of pixel perfect collision
detection.

I have since then been improving my collision detection library and
have found that the peformance cost for pixel-perfect collisions is
very very low when compared to a bounding box method (i.e. it adds
very little on top of the bounding box cost). You can easily do
hundreds of sprites with very little overhead (when compared to the
blitting et al). The code is all C at the moment, but I'd like to
use this in PyGame. Therefore I'm asking if there's anyone who like
to join my project and do a Python module on top of the C library.
(It should be fairly stright-forward, but I'm not very familiar with
the python and pygame internals.)

The library (previously BitMask) is now called SCAM (Sprite Collision
 And Mechanics library) and can be found at
http://www.ifm.liu.se/~ulfek/projects/SCAM-0.5/doc/SCAM.html

--Ulf