Re: [pygame] TR: Soya 3D on Windows 2k

bob smith wrote:
Hi, there aren't any Windows binaries of Soya3D. You have to compile and install it yourself. I gave it shot, but got stopped at a certain point. I used Bloodshed Dev-C++ (an IDE that uses Mingw port of GCC as it's compiler). It has a Package Manager which I updated to include some of the necessary packages such as SDL, OpenGL, and Image Library. I got stuck because Soya3D requires Freetype 2 and there is no Bloodshed package for that. (I looked at Freetype 2 on sourceforge, but I don't know C/C++ and wasn't sure how to get it to compile and then work with Bloodshed to then compile Soya).

If you get further than I did, please let me know via the Soya3D mailing list.

Thanks.
I've downloaded the binaries for Freetype2 at http://sourceforge.net/projects/gnuwin32/ and did some .h editing then it worked. But i stopped at some python api errors. I think that is because i didn't convert the python dll to the gcc lib format. if someone get futher than this... please post the binaries.