Re: [pygame] PCR & other notes

Hi all,

just thought I'd throw my 2 cents on this thread...

As a beginning pygamer I really enjoyed the PCR, those code snippets are very useful to learn more about graphics programming and pygame, though a lot of them are not "total beginner - friendly" - I mean I had a solid background in programming before learning python, but I think someone who choose pygame "just to learn how to program games" might find himself quickly lost after reading the few (though good) pygame tutorials.
So (and this is my first point), a good improvement to the PCR would be to rate the code snippets according to "skill needed to understand" and source readability - perhaps a user rating system, with votes on three category, skill level (novice - skilled - advanced), usability, "cleverness" (how good the algo or the implementation of the idea is, what I call the "geek factor")

Having a set of classes with base game functionality would be quite useful (at least to somehow as lazy as I am...), but lots of the things listed below already exist, for example vector classes as in cgkit (http://cgkit.sf.net if I remenber well).
Maybe a collective hunt for existing stuff might be useful, with someone compiling a list of all links and publishing it on the PCR pages, or on a wiki somewhere, like the one on http://py3d.org

Third, the license issue: I like my stuff to be as GPLed as possible, I don't like wasting my precious brain CPU resources on trying to find how different licenses might interact, maybe some lowest common denominator could be found (LGPL)... Or maybe that's not an issue at all (I don't know, license_issue = 'headaches' for me...)

Last point, not precisely related to the PCR - it seems some people are choosing OpenGL for rendering, just wondering if putting more emphasis on pygame-pyOpenGL compatibility (which works great) might increase pygame popularity...

That's all for now... btw sorry for my crappy english...

Cheers,
sylvain