Re: [pygame] Pygame VS PyOpengl?

I haven't used pygame for drawing graphics much (so therefore I don't know about pygame.sprite), but I have recently added support in the Vision Egg for converting pygame Surfaces to OpenGL textures. For example code, I've added a flames_pygame.py demo which is simply the renamed flames.py demo from PCR and then a flames_visionegg.py demo which uses the pygame code to draw a surface, but then "blits" this to an OpenGL texture for display in an OpenGL world. The real work is done in the VisionEgg.Textures module (which also handles Numeric arrays and PIL images). All of this pygame support is very new, and is only available through CVS for now.

You may not want to use all of the Vision Egg, but at least you could see how it's done that way.

Hope that helps!

Cheers!
Andrew