Re: OT: Remote objects WAS: Re: [pygame] InteractiveConsole

On Wed, 26 Mar 2003, R. Alan Monroe wrote:

> > I'm not sure I understand what you want, either, but if you want 2
> > processes to interact (your pygame and then a separate interactive
> > shell process), check out Pyro at http://pyro.sourceforge.net/ .
>
> Can someone please explain to me a genuinely useful purpose for remote
> object technology like pyro or corba, other than "gee, that's neat"?
> Honest question.

I find it quite usefull for client/server programming.  I'm working on
a game where the server passes an object to the client telling it what
it can be done, and also includes verification methods so that the client
can check whether it's actions are legal before sending a reply.

-Jasper