[pygame] mixer?

Hi all!

After too much time in javaland I'm all over python again, and also, of course, the more joyful piece of python.
(*errhhm.. that would be pygame of course*)

Well, as a rookie, I always get this strange message whatever Iäm trying to do?

pygame.error: mixer system not initialized

I'm running Ubuntu Hoary, and none of my different pygame examples (well, that would be both my sloppy code and example ones) handles me any sound?
They all work on other Linuxes and Windowses as well .. :(

Regards
Stefan