[pygame] Newbie trouble.

hi,

i am new to pygame . I created a game where a chef
starts throwing down pizzas and the player uses a pan which is controlled
by the mouse to catch the pizzas(Anyone who has read Michael Dawson's Python
book should be familiar with the game :) ). Pizzas should fall vertically
down and new pizzas will appear after a certain period of time. The problem
is when a  new pizza appears the old pizza dissapears i really can't figure
why. I even more stumped at the fact it's actually  a very close clone of the
aliens game example provided and still does not work. This email is my last
resort :) . I have attached the script and would really appreciate it if
someone could take a look at it. Since I am new to pygame, any tips to
improve my code would be nice.

Thank You.