[pygame] pygame 1.7.2pre

Hi everyone

Does anyone know when the next release will be published?

In any case, I finally managed to download a copy from CVS ( I'm not familiar with CVS). But it seems, there is a compiler needed to build a working package? First I thought that with the precompiled depencies it will work only running the setup.py file, but it did not. Can please someone tell me what tools are needed and how to perform this task? On the pygame homepage it isn't explained in such detail and I could not figure it out, sorry.

I'm running WinXP, Python 2.4.1.

The setup.py give me following:
<----------------------------------------------------------------------------------->
C:\....\CVS\pygame>setup.py

Using WINDOWS configuration...

No Arguments Given, Perform Default Install? [Y/n]y

WARNING, No "Setup" File Exists, Running "config.py"

Use the SDL libraries in "prebuilt"? [Y/n]y

There was an error creating the Setup file, check for errors
or make a copy of "Setup.in" and edit by hand.

Continuing With "setup.py"
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "C:\Dokumente und Einstellungen\XereX\Eigene Dateien\InetDownloads\CVS\pygame\setup.py", line
137, in ?
tempcompiler = new_compiler()
File "C:\Programme\Coding\Python2.4.1\lib\distutils\ccompiler.py", line 1177, in new_compiler
return klass (None, dry_run, force)
File "C:\Programme\Coding\Python2.4.1\lib\distutils\msvccompiler.py", line 211, in __init__
self.__macros = MacroExpander(self.__version)
File "C:\Programme\Coding\Python2.4.1\lib\distutils\msvccompiler.py", line 112, in __init__
self.load_macros(version)
File "C:\Programme\Coding\Python2.4.1\lib\distutils\msvccompiler.py", line 133, in load_macros
raise DistutilsPlatformError, \
distutils.errors.DistutilsPlatformError: The .NET Framework SDK needs to be installed before buildin
g extensions for Python.

Thank you in advance.

Manuel