[pygame] pygame.transform noob question

Hi Pygame List,

I'm new and excited about possibilities with Pygame.
So far, I'm going through the docs trying things out but I'm stuck on
pygame.transfom

In one of my first experiments, I'm drawing (and redrawing) randomly
placed circles on the screen (code below).
I'd like to apply a rotozoom but can't figure out where it goes or maybe
the result of pygame.draw.cirle needs to go to some other surface (not
the main screen) and that is what needs to be rotozoomed?

Any advice would be appreciated!

Thanks and best,
Paris

import pygame
import random
from pygame.locals import *

pygame.init()
screen = pygame.display.set_mode((320,240))
screen.fill((0,0,0))

points = []
for i in range(100):
    xi = random.random() * 1000
    yi = random.random() * 1000
    pointi = (xi,yi)
    points.append(pointi)

for i in range(50):

    for p in points:
        randR = random.randint(0,255)
        randG = random.randint(0,255)
        randB = random.randint(0,255)
        radius = random.randint(1,30)
        pygame.draw.circle(screen,(randR,randG,randB),p,radius,0)

    ###doesn't work
    #pygame.transform.rotozoom(screen, 45,1.5)
    pygame.display.flip()

pygame.quit()