Re: [pygame] virtual input mode on Linux

After some experimenting it turns out the issue is in SDL 1.2.11 (the latest one for download on their website). For some reason the earlier versions work just fine (tried it with 1.2.9). Also, the latest cvs version (1.2.12 ) seems to work as well. With 1.2.11 it would only work correctly on linux when the pygame window is in full screen mode.
Just reporting back...

Ratko

On 3/13/07, Peter Shinners <pete@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Ratko Jagodic wrote:
>  So I wrote a piece of code below and it works great on a
> mac and windows but not correctly on linux. On linux the pointer seems
> to stop at the edges of the pygame window (it doesn't even get to the
> edges of the screen). At the edges it just keeps reporting (0,0) for dx,
> dy. Any idea why this might be happening when everything works fine on
> win/mac??

> import pygame
> pygame.init ()
> pygame.display.set_mode((300,200))
> runThread = True
>
> pygame.mouse.set_visible(False)
> pygame.event.set_grab(True)

The code looks like it should be right. I wonder if it might also require
a fullscreen window? It doesn't sound necessary since you must already
grab the mouse. You might get further help from the SDL list? It's sure
been awhile since I looked into this kind of thing.