Re: [pygame] Text To Speech PYTTS

Hi Gary,

    Yes, that is probably his problem. It is advertised everywhere, kind of
the usual Microsoft joke.

    Also, I found the web page that had all your hints on getting things to
work. After all the no help at the Microsoft site and such I did do the
voice install you recommended once I found the page it was on.
http://wwwx.cs.unc.edu/~gb/wp/research/hark-the-sound/install-instructions/

    Now with my XP Pro I do have the 3 voices. I tested it and they do now
work and are on the list of names using the getname command.

print "List of voices =", tts.GetVoiceNames()

    Thanks, and good luck Ian

        Bruce

Sorry to hear you run Vista. That is probably the root of the problem. I
have made pyTTS work on Vista back when I had a VM running it but I
don't now.

I recommend you upgrade to XP. Lots of vendors are offering XP upgrade
coupons for people who bought Vista.

gb