Re: [pygame] your opinion: singleton-pattern vs. modules vs. classes

Olaf Nowacki wrote:
- as classes
- as modules or
- as singleton-pattern classes?

what do you think are the pros and cons of each aproach?

I always like using a module as a container for all my singletons and shared globals. Python modules already work this way, making it a natural fit.

Python can build a class that is a "true" singleton. It involves overriding the __new__ operator. But usually it's easier to write a "GetMySingleton()" type of function that builds and remembers the class of your type.