Re: [pygame] space ships (Re: Misnamed threads (Re: Posting styles (Re: Text To Speech PYTTS)))

Ian Mallett wrote:
hmmm.
I would not define the space shuttle as a space ship because it requires an external fuel tank and two extra rockets to get into space.

That's like saying that an ocean liner isn't
a ship because it wouldn't be able to get off
the ground into the sea by itself.

Many of the ships in science fiction are
always in space and never land or take off at
all. I don't see that disqualifying them from
being *space* ships.

If we ever end up sending a manned mission to
mars, the main vehicle will probably be assembled
in space and remain there. To me that makes it
even more of a "ship of space".

--
Greg