[pygame] Pixel Spaceships

Nick Moffitt wrote:
René Dudfield:
I like space ships.

I made some fun Pixel Spaceships:

	http://zork.net/~nick/pixel/blackspace.py

They're based on http://www.davebollinger.com/works/pixelspaceships/

Fun little exercise. Here's my version of the ship generator, attached.
Screenshot: <http://kschnee.xepher.net/pics/080305pixel_spaceships.jpg>
I didn't get the cockpit designs "right" in the way Bollinger did, but tried superimposing a smaller ship design atop a larger one to get a two-tone effect (not seen in that shot).

I tried rotating a ship to build a list of rotated images, but the rotated versions are often larger than the original, making it hard to figure out where to place them. How can that problem be addressed?