[pygame] shadow demo

Hello,

I noticed with this cool shadow demo:
http://www.pygame.org/project/556/

On this ATI card I have, I had to change the glAlphaFunc to use
GL_LESS... which I think is because of float inaccuracies.

#Set alpha test to discard false comparisons
#glAlphaFunc(GL_EQUAL, 1.0)
glAlphaFunc(GL_LESS, 1.0)

Any ideas on how to make the shadows softer? Either by making the
shadow map a higher resolution or some other algorithm?  I tried
changing shadowMapSize = 2048, but it looks like the shadow map is
wrong some how.  Like it isn't the correct scale, or something.

cheers,