Re: [pygame] my first game (so far)

On Mon, 17 Mar 2008 17:18:46 -0700 (PDT)
Devon Scott-Tunkin <djvonfunkin@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hey,
>
> I liked the weird american idol like menu song and the
> tiles look pretty cool in the graphics file. When I
> first ran it and tried to select new game I got a
> pygame.error: music not loaded for the
> pygame.mixer.music.play in scene.py (line 28). i
> commented it out and it started (as i haven't worked
> with sound yet in pygame myself to try and fix it and
> am just starting oop too). then i was in a field of
> all grass with really wonky controls that would
> sometimes not allow me to walk in certain directions.
>
> i am using python 2.5 pygame 1.7 and windows vista.
>
> But hey at least the guy animates nicely and does
> something!
>
> Devon

Thanks, though the graphics and sounds are just place-holders for now....definitely not the final versions.

As for the music error, this is because I was trying to save space with the archive on my web server and created a symlink for the menu music to the scene music....which now that I think about shouldn't work on non-nix systems :) As for the wonky controls, that I cannot explain. The player can move all over the viewable area (no scrolling yet [help?]) for me. Anyone else want to try it on Vista, or other versions of Windows, or other OS's? It seems to work fine on Linux with pygame 1.7.1 and python 2.5.

Anyway, I'm glad you like it so far. I'm quite happy with the result so far myself being my first OOP/game project and all.