Re: [pygame] Re: my first game (so far)

On Tue, Mar 18, 2008 at 03:14:38AM -0400, Michael Fiano wrote:
> On Sun, 16 Mar 2008 23:56:00 -0400
> Michael Fiano <michael.fiano@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> I noticed something tonight while testing my code. Well, my motherboard
> has the annoying ability to emit a high pitched frequency when the CPU
> usage is heavy. Never really came in handy until now. I only hear that
> high-pitched sound when the player is NOT moving...meaning moving the
> player uses less resources than not moving him. How would I debug and
> fix that?

First, rather than replying on the noise your CPU uses, use a
performance tracking tool. if you are using Windows, you have one built
into the task manager. Just press CTRL+ALT+DEL, and look for the tab
that has the graph.

Second, read http://docs.python.org/lib/profile-instant.html for an
explanation of how to use the python profiler. it will help you identify
which parts of your code are running the slowest.

Third, if you post your main game loop here on the list, we may be able
to offer more specific suggestions.

---
James Paige