Re: [pygame] Pygame 1.8.0rc5 Windows installers available

On, Tue Mar 18, 2008, Brian Fisher wrote:

> There are no plans to do any accessibility features for pygame, that I
> am aware of. Given that pygame doesn't actually provide any specific
> features to help developers with buttons or other UI elements, it's
> not clear to me what pygame should or could do to make such things
> more accessible.
>
> If you have specific ideas for accessibility features, feel free to
> share them. If there was a developer who could serve as a mentor,
> accessibility features could possibly be a google summer of code
> project.

I do not see any sense in adding a11y features directly to the pygame
objects. As I already promised to Bruce, I'm working on an generic a11y
python module, that allows arbitrary python object to be made
accessible. Due to the incredible lack of valuable documentation on
MSAA however, this will take quite some time. The unix backend is nearly
fully operational however using the ATK/AT-SPI technologies to provide
a11y information to the AT soft- and hardware.

Bruce, I hope to have something you can work with available in some
months or so, but for now I'm still messing around with how to
incorporate the MSAA IAccessible2 interfaces and classes in Python code
:-/.

Regards
Marcus