Re: [pygame] hi, what is it? oh pygame 1.8 is released.

ah, yes. oops.  Thanks for spotting that.

The new sprite stuff is documented with doc strings, and an example.
If you try the testsprite example you'll hopefully see much improved
performance :)

Try out:
python testsprite.py -FastRenderGroup

However the new sprite stuff isn't in the html documentation... oops.
I'll fix that soon.  For now just look at the example, and the doc
strings.

cheers,
*raises glass*