[pygame] Warn desktop user in some way

Hi all!

I want to use pygame library (and one of the pygame based GUI) to
write a non-gamish Desktop application.

The develop of a GUI is not a problem, but I need to warn the desktop
user in some way every 20 minutes. The simplest way is the use of a
sound but I need to be sure to raise the event for users that has the
sound disabled.
The most common way if make the linux/windows/mac application bar to
flash/jump (that's normal when a popup is raised). My problem is that
using pygame I'm not sure how to obtain this!

Can someone suggest a way to warn the user?

PS: like say abowe: I need to reach this in a os indipendent way (Mac too!)

--
-- luca