Re: [pygame] Python 2.5.4 or 2.6

I do like 3.1 for learning, if something goes wrong in 2.5.4 it cuts out and all your work is lost, 3.1, if something doesn't add up you can close the program but it doesn't close your .py files so you can save then go back and check what's wrong. As far as i'm aware 3.1 doesn't have a compiler so it's just a matter of editing (find & replace)your code to 2.5.4.

From: "Kris Schnee" <kschnee@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Thursday, March 25, 2010 6:08 PM
To: <pygame-users@xxxxxxxx>
Cc: "B W" <stabbingfinger@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [pygame] Python 2.5.4 or 2.6

On 3/25/2010 1:41 PM, B W wrote:
Pygame download page claims "python2.5.4 is the best python on windows
at the moment".
Why should I prefer Python 2.5.4 on Windows?

I've found that when I tried to build a Windows EXE of a program I'd written, I got inexplicable errors when I tried to use the latest version of Python and Pygame. Only 2.5.4 and the matching Pygame worked for EXEs. The experience was frustrating enough -- fatal errors just when I thought the project was ready to show off! -- that I've not tried since then to use a newer version.