From: B W <stabbingfinger@xxxxxxxxx>
To: pygame-users@xxxxxxxx
Sent: Thu, March 25, 2010 12:41:11 PM
Subject: [pygame] Python 2.5.4 or 2.6

Howdy.

Pygame download page claims "python2.5.4 is the best python on windows at the moment". This has been the status since I began with Python and Pygame about 1.5 years ago. While I appreciate suggestions that save me time and agony, it is my nature to always ask why. If the doc says take this pill, it will save your life--I gotta ask! Call it a compulsion.

Why should I prefer Python 2.5.4 on Windows?

Will Python 2.6 ever be crowned king? What factors are holding it back?

Will Python 3 ever be crowned king? What factors are holding it back?

I'm mostly interested in the opinions of the people who assess such things at a technology-readiness level, such as the Pygame maintainers and people who follow bug management and other objective indicators. Not particularly interested "Gumm's personal experience is it works okay" responses. :)

Thanks in advance.

Gumm