Re: [pygame] blit speedup

On Sun, Mar 28, 2010 at 3:29 PM, Wakefield, Robert <rjw03002@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Do you have any recommendation for the best way to get an OpenGL engine running, especially going Pygame surface to OpenGL texture?  I'd like to preserve platform-independent .py files or executables if possible.

glLib (and upcoming glLib Reloaded)
Gloss
PyGL2D
Rabbyt

glLib and PyGL2D are written by nice people active on this mailing list. Only one of those still appears to be maintained (*nudge pymike* :)).

Those two and Gloss are 100% Python, if memory serves me. Be mindful that Gloss is Gnu GPL.

Gumm