Re: [pygame] newbie

Thanks for everyone's help. Much appreciated.

Mark

Sent: Tuesday, March 30, 2010 9:52 AM
Subject: Re: [pygame] newbie

> Or like me you can run Ubuntu(Or your distro of choice) inside a VM like Virtual Box. Saves monkeying around looking for Win
> versions of things like grep, wget etc etc.

I have a better choice: run windows inside a VM like Virtual Box in a ubuntu (or your distro of choice) host machine. :) So you will become accustomed to use open source.

I started doing it and finished joining the dark side of the force...

About your first question:

When you clck a key you must set the speed and not the position:

insteand of:
 if d == 6:
          self.x += sp

will be:
 if d == 6:
          self.dx += sp  #dx as the increment of x to go rigth
elif d==4:
          self.dx -= sp #go left

And KEYUP event undo the changes
 elif event.type == pygame.KEYUP:
                if d == 6:
                    self.dx -= sp #stop goin to rigth
after that, on render, do:
self.x += self.dx
so the character will still moving while the key is pressed

Well... it was responsed yet, but my mails usually are write-only :P

Bye

--
Nota: Tildes omitidas para evitar incompatibilidades.

:wq