Re: [pygame] Start of an OpenGL accelerated Pygame

Paul Vincent Craven <paul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

I looked at the drawing primitives portion of pygame reloaded, and I knew
that was not the way I wanted to go. It was still software driven. For
things like line widths, it supported only horizontal and vertical lines.
Plus it wasn't a drop-in replacement.

The things I put together for ellipses and lines only work with OpenGL
though. SDL doesn't have primitives for line thickness or ellipses, so if a
program uses software or directx for graphics you are out of luck.

Reinventing the wheel is never a good idea, I'm hoping some of the other
pygame packages can port more directly.

Seconded. Did you look at the old code? I can't remember to have written any
line drawing code for the SDL2 code of pgreloaded.

Cheers
Marcus