Re: [pygame] freetype problem

no crash in linux here. looks like a windows specific problem.

How stable is the freetype module ? I have been running into problems
with it hanging my app completly. The following code should demonstrate
the problem. Pressing ESC and you'll see that it has crashed. However
if you set the underline parameter to 'False' things work nicely.
I am running it on Windows 7.

# -*- encoding: utf-8 -*-
import pygame
from pygame import constants, event, display
from pygame import freetype

pygame.init()
freetype.init()
screen = display.set_mode((300, 200))
display.flip()
screen.fill(pygame.Color('White'))
display.flip()
f = pygame.freetype.SysFont('Times New Roman', 19)
f.underline = True
s, rec = f.render(u'Amazon')
screen.blit(s, (10, 30))
display.flip()

try:
  loop = True
  while loop:
    for ev in event.get():
      if ev.type == constants.QUIT:
        loop = False
      elif ev.type == constants.KEYDOWN and ev.key == constants.K_ESCAPE:
        loop = False
finally:
  freetype.quit()
  display.quit()