Re: [pygame] Best instructions for a Pygame setup on OS-X?

Hi, I'm running pygame on my macbook air with mavericks.  The executable is installed at  /Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/bin/python2.7-3.  I think I must have obtained it from python.org.  I also run XQuartz and launch from the command line. I installed pygame from the command shell of XQuartz, too.  I can provide more info if you need.
-Charlie

On Friday, February 27, 2015 at 10:09:26 AM UTC-7, Mike C. Fletcher wrote:
On 15-02-25 12:19 PM, Paul Vincent Craven wrote:
> See the 'mac installation' part of this section:
>
> http://programarcadegames.com/index.php?chapter=foreword&lang=en#section_0_1
>
> Paul Vincent Craven

Thanks, that is helpful in that it shows what people are doing, but it
still seems complex for a novice child. I'll likely point any OS-X users
at that and we'll hope.

Take care,
Mike

> On Wed, Feb 25, 2015 at 9:24 AM, Mike C. Fletcher
> <mcfl...@xxxxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:mcfl...@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>> wrote:
>
>     Hi all,
>
>     I've got a computer club (grade-school) starting up soon, and I'd
>     like some advice wrt how students should set up OS-X machines for
>     Python + Pygame?  Should we use the python.org <http://python.org>
>     OS-X installer or the built-in python? Is there a particular
>     combination of Python and Pygame installers which works reliably
>     and doesn't require a lot of fiddling (again, these are complete
>     novices). I'm more interested in reliable operation, easy setup,
>     etc. as distinct from the ultimate hacker setup, as they will be
>     doing this on their machines at home, rather than the machines in
>     the lab/club.
>
>     Thanks for any advice,
>     Mike
>
>     --