Re: [pygame] Pygame without screen

I use dummy in the following project and it worked.
There may be something other than that one line that needs to be sorted.

http://winkleink.blogspot.co.uk/2013/04/raspberry-pi-unipolar-stepper-motors.html
On Sun, 27 Mar 2016 at 08:03, Bert Haverkamp <bert@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hello all,

Maybe it has been asked before. But I only see older posts on this topic. I'm hoping the situation has changed now.
I'm trying to make a game where there is no screen needed, but physical actuators (motors, steppers, a beeper)

But without a screen defined, I cannot seem to get events to work properly
In particular cannot use the keydown and keyup events. The events don't seem to happen.

I read somewhere that I should use the dummy screen with
os.environ['SDL_VIDEODRIVER'] = 'dummy'

But this also doesn't seem to help.
Is there a way to get the events functioning without a screen? If so, how. If not, would that be an possible addition in a future version?

Regards,

Bert