From: owner-pygame-users@xxxxxxxx <owner-pygame-users@xxxxxxxx> on behalf of René Dudfield <renesd@xxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Wednesday, March 15, 2017 11:05 AM
To: pygame-users@xxxxxxxx
Subject: [pygame] pygamezero moving to github discussion thread

Hello,

What is Pygame Zero?
"""Pygame Zero is for creating games without boilerplate.

It is intended for use in education, so that teachers can teach basic programming without needing to explain the Pygame API or write an event loop."""

http://pygame-zero.readthedocs.io/en/latest/
pygame-zero.readthedocs.io
Welcome to Pygame Zero¶ Pygame Zero is for creating games without boilerplate. It is intended for use in education, so that teachers can teach basic programming ...

https://bitbucket.org/lordmauve/pgzero
bitbucket.org
A wrapper around Pygame for creating games without any boilerplate. pgzero is intended for use in education, so that teachers can teach basic programming without ...

Was just chatting on twitter with @lordmauve about bringing pygamezero into the pygame organization on github.

So far we have the website, pygame mirror, and solarwolf (which is acting as an example game).
https://github.com/pygame
github.com
GitHub is where people build software. More than 19 million people use GitHub to discover, fork, and contribute to over 51 million projects.

So this is a thread where we can begin to discuss, and coordinate moving it there.

Some steps...

1. Add team members to pygame gh org.
2. Create pygamezero team on pygame gh org
3. Convert hg to git, and create repo. Move issues across. (there's a tool in github to do this almost automagically once all team members are on gh)
4. update various build tools.
5. update docs to point to gh
6. Leave notes on bitbucket about moving, leaving a link there.

cheers,