[pygame] Optimization, double buffered pygames

I am programming on a major breakthrough in games development using
pygame as my vehicle to greatness, (actually I am making a plain
vanilla breakout game, but it is great fun for me, and pygame is very
straight forward and nice to work with).

I've designed it to use double buffering, so it has to draw the entire
world for each frame (HWSURFACE|DOUBLEBUF). What I find a little
strange is that the game runs faster in a window than fullscreen. I am
running on win2k.

PS: I know that using dirty rect animation could be
faster but I've decided not to go that way as I want to use scrolling
as things progresses (it probably won't be a breakout game anymore by
then).

--

Vennlig hilsen

Syver Enstad