Re: [pygame] Installing Pygame on linux

Pete Shinners wrote:

Nick Lunt wrote:

When I run setup.py I get the following error:
Hunting dependencies...
SDL : found 1.2.7
FONT : not found
IMAGE : not found
MIXER : not found
SMPEG : found 0.4.4
NUMERIC : found 23.1

I have installed SDL_mixer and SDL_image from the links on the pygame website, in /usr/local/SDL_image-1.2.3 and /usr/local/SDL_mixer-1.2.5 .
I also installed SDL into /usr/local/SDL-1.2.7 and linked sdl-config to /usr/local/bin/ . I can't even find SDL_font anywhere :(

FONT is probably a poor name, it really needs SDL_ttf, used for the pygame font module. To get mixer, image, and font rolling you will also need the "dev" packages for SDL_mixer, SDL_image, and SDL_ttf.

Ah I see, thankyou for clafifying that .

Nick.