[pygame] SDL_GetWMInfo

I've become interested in Pygame again recently, particularly in the area of
integration with various GUI toolkits on X11.

The window manager features of SDL don't appear to be exposed in the version
of Pygame I'm using (1.5.6), but it was fairly easy to hack in a function to
obtain the window ID; this information is used to reparent the window into
an existing GUI.

It seems like a more complete solution to expose the SDL_WMinfo structure to
Python, perhaps as a class, but maybe there's a platform-independent way of
representing this information.

What is the prevailing view on this?

David
--