[pygame] File chooser, input box without toolkits

Title: File chooser, input box without toolkits

Dear list,

I am trying to add two GUI elements to my pygame app - a file chooser dialog (for choosing a savefile to load), and a text input box (for entering the player's name at the start of the game).

I realise I could add these widgets using a toolkit such as OcempGUI or PGU, or through GTK, but adding an entire external package seems a little wasteful given that I really only need these GUI elements (and it would mean that non-Windows users would need to install the toolkit to play).

Can anyone point me towards code for a file chooser and/or text input box, written in native Pygame without using other toolkits / libraries?

Many thanks
B.

P.S. Apologies if this post has been received multiple times, I've been having a little trouble with the list

"The information contained in this transmission is confidential. It is intended for the named address only. If you are not the named address you may not copy, distribute or take any action in reliance upon this transmission."