[pygame] pygame.init()

What does this actually do?

I'm trying to call pygame.mixer.pre_init, and so I'm trying to delay
initializing the sound until I have the information that I need for
that. I separately initialize pygame.display, pygame.joystick and
eventually, pygame.mixer. This works on Linux, but fails on
Windows. Are there any other modules I MUST initialize?

I tried to read base.c from CVS, but I'm afraid  I don't understand
the C code in it.

Ari.

--
Elections only count as free and trials as fair if you can lose money
betting on the outcome.