Re: [pygame] SOC Proposal: Networking for Pygame

On 5/8/06, Bob Ippolito <bob@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
This looks pretty good. One thing to note however is that you're
going to need to do the select() in a separate thread if you want it
to be able to wake up the event loop on network events. Depending on
the way you're using the pygame event loop, this might not work out
so well.

AFAIK, the select.select call doesn't block, which is the only reason (that I know of) that It would need to be called in a seperate thread? I'm not sure exactly what you mean by this.