Re: [pygame] SOC Proposal: Networking for Pygame

On 5/9/06, Brian Fisher <brian@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 5/8/06, Bryce Allen <pygame@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>You can pass an event list on to other methods to process.

The code you posted Rene, is a perfect example of the unneccessary
boilerplate that every single game I'd write would have, if net events
had to work that way. I say if you got to write boilerplate, write
some to get it into the event loop, not to get it out.

I don't think it is any extra lines at all to write into every pygame that doesn't want to use the event queue for network events.

Since you already write the pygame.event.get() call, the filter line
is exactly the same number of lines as would be calling a
pygame.network.get().