RE: [pygame] Speed of mouse position capture

> > I am encountering one difficulty, which is that the speed of mouse
> > position capture seems quite slow. I had expected that the
> app would
> > receive a MOUSEMOTION event every time the mouse shifted to a new
> > pixel, and that connecting up the locations of these MOUSEMOTION
> > events would give an almost exact representation of the path of the
> > mouth across the screen. However, what happens in practice
> is that, if
> > the mouse is moving fast, consecutive MOUSEMOTION events can be
> > separated by more than 20 pixels. This makes it very hard
> to interpret
> > the path of the mouse with enough precision - it ends up
> divided into
> > a small number of long line segments.
>
> What OS? Win9X sampled the mouse less frequently that Win2K and later.
> Also serial mouse is slower than ps2, which is slower that usb.
>
> Alan

Os is XP so presumably not the problem. I think it might be a serial
mouse though. Will check. I'm sure I've got a usb mouse sitting about
somewhere.

Brian
"The information contained in this transmission is confidential. It is intended for the named address only. If you are not the named address you may not copy, distribute or take any action in reliance upon this transmission"