Re: [pygame] Speed of mouse position capture

R. Alan Monroe wrote:

What OS? Win9X sampled the mouse less frequently that Win2K and later.
Also serial mouse is slower than ps2, which is slower that usb.

I'm running Windows 2000, a 2.6 ghz machine with a gig of memory.
On my box, it defaults to DirectX - and I have to use

os.environ['SDL_VIDEODRIVER'] = 'windib'

to choose the engine that throws away mouse positions.
I left the old code that throws away mouse positions in there anyway, in case people choose the DirectX engine.

The windib engine on my machine is about 20% faster than DirectX. I don't have a special video card or anything, perhaps that's why.

--Kamilche